The Alberta Birds of Prey Foundation is a volunteer operated non-profit wildlife rescue and rehabilitation organization. Our 70 acre wetland site is a nationally recognized and award winning facility that acts as a local storm water management and environmental learning facility. Our organization has created this new position to maintain its grounds as well make significant enhancements with the goal of being an example of environmental planning and creativity for our visitors.
• Tree pruning
• Helping design and install new xeriscape gardens.
• Helping maintain flower beds.
• Turf care and management.
• Underground irrigation repairs & installing new lines.
• Care for habitat areas in injured bird aviaries.
• Assist with basic site and aviary renovations and upkeep.
Desired Applicant Qualifications:
• Preference will be given to applicants with horticulture/arboriculture diploma or training.
• Able to work independently as well on a team
• Able to interact positively with the public
• Able to work periodic weekends
• A demonstrated interest in environmental stewardship
Terms of Employment
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Length of Employment: 18 month contract term with possible extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
Return to Job Opportunties